Great Tips for Visiting Disneyland on Spring Break

March 27, 2014

San Diego, VME

Disney’s California Adventure

Spring Break is one of the best times to visit Disneyland and Disney’s California Adventure, but it can take a lot of energy out of you and your family. The extended hours, entertainments, events, and attractions offer you a fantastic source of fun and entertainment, but the crowds can be exhausting. In March and April, Spring Break is one of the Resort’s most popular times of the year, so if you’re visiting during that time, make sure to be ready for lots of fun, excitement, and people!

If you’re worried about the crowds, there are a few things you can do to make your trip a little bit easier and more fun! Most of all, don’t worry – your trip to the Happiest Place on Earth can still be loads of fun!

Get there early.

When you arrive early, you can make it through the Security Checkpoint so that you are at the gate when they open. Plan to be at the gate and ready to enter by about half an hour early, as they may let you in a little early.

Get a Fast Pass, especially for Radiator Springs Racers.

The park will be busy, and the wait for popular rides, like Radiator Springs racers in Cars Land, can be at least an hour and a half, if not more. Make sure to grab a Fast Pass so you can avoid the long lines and ride these popular rides later in the day.

With kids, make sure to head to Fantasyland first.

As you can’t use a Fast Pass in Fantastyland, it’s better to head there immediately. And since most of the rides only hold a few people per car, these lines can be extremely long, especially during Spring Break. Try to plan ahead which rides in Fantasyland to make for in the very beginning.

Eat at weird times.

During typical lunch and dinner times, most visitors flock to the restaurants – which makes for busy restaurants and less busy rides. Use this time to head to the rides and have fun, and then eat meals at off-meal times.

See a show or do an indoor activity midday.

Kids might not be pumped about this idea, but it’s great to take a break and let everyone get their energy back. Oftentimes you can cool off indoors or sit and relax for a while. It’s great for the morale and for your feet!

, , ,

Subscribe to our RSS feed and social profiles to receive updates.

20 Comments on “Great Tips for Visiting Disneyland on Spring Break”

1. Carol Says:

These are really helpful tips. Thanks:)

• Jonny M. Says:

I would love a chance to be able to go back to Disney Land or Disney World. Since I have been to these parks a few times just through learning experience I can definitely say these tips are true. It can get really busy and hot so knowing when to go or where to go is essential.

2. Kayla Says:

These tips are awesome! I wish I would have read this before I went, but this will definitely help with future vacations! :)

3. carma Says:

these are great tips and I am sure to use them as soon as I go on my vacation

4. Jane Says:

Great ideas. That Fast Pass most definitely would come in handy and almost pay for itself because you can ride so many more rides then without it.

5. Danielle Says:

The fast pass is your best bet if you are visiting the theme park during busy seasons, it saves you a lot of time and helps you avoid those frustrating lines!

6. Danie Says:

Really good tips to keep in mind; especially to eat at weird times; I had never really considered that. Good to know!

7. Evonna Gaba Says:

We visited Disney a few years ago for Spring Break and it was BEAUTIFUL!!! We plan on going back next year at the same time. The lines were short and the weather was perfect in the 70’s.

8. jasmine lynn Says:

I love Disney world…now time to visit disneyland

9. Dalena Says:

The one thing I miss about being home cant wait 2 go back and visit and take my daughter.

10. Crystal Says:

Great tips! I’ve been over and over as a kid and enjoy taking my own kids now. I can honestly say these tips work and definitely get the fast pass!! Fun for the whole family and memories you will never forget!

11. Alyssa Says:

Those are some great tips! I haven’t been to Disneyland since I was a kid, but I would absolutely love to visit again!

12. Ana Says:

Ive never been to Disney I would love to plan this!

13. Tammy Says:

Good tips!

14. Ashley Says:

The tips seem very helpful! I will someday be able to put them to use

15. nate Says:

Thank you so much for the tips, I cant wait to take this trip hopefully early fall if everthing works out.

16. Bailey Says:

I was never able to go to Disneyland as a child! I would love to go now! Great tips for a first timer :)

17. Jeff Says:

Awesome tips! Cant wait to use them!

18. Bre Says:

Wow, Great tips for a fun filled day! Can’t wait to go… It’s going to be a blast!!!!

19. Amy Says:

I would love to go back to Disney World, these tips are great.